A man accused of running a lottery scam targeting elderly U.S. residents has been arrested in Jamaica. The leader of the scam team conned victims out of millions of dollars. The arrest happened on Monday, the 7th of November. Since then he has been taken into custody.
The leader of the lottery scam team is
“We’re grateful for the recent success of U.S. and Jamaican law enforcement partners. We’re looking forward to bringing these and others to justice in the United States,” said one of the prosecutors in a statement.
Jamaican lottery scams are well-known and have been around since the late 1990s. The scams have mostly gone under the radar until the Caribbean passed a law in 2013 made it easier to convict and penalize the lottery scammers.
Bio for LuckyLottos
LuckyLottos.com, recently launched is exclusively the preferred online international lottery ticket portal which leaves you spoiled for choice. All of the most popular and major international lotteries are a mere click away, all in a secure and stable environment – enabling you to legitimately compete for massive lottery jackpots from the comfort of your own home.
Latest posts by Sally Eaves (See All)
- The wonderful legacy of playing the lottery -
- Relaxation Leads To $50,000 Crossword Prize -
- ‘Surreal’ $12.3 Million Lotto Win -
- Newfound Luck For Unlucky Pensioner -
- $1m Lottery Prize As Birthday Present -
- Huge EuroMillions Win Online -
- More Pride In Portsmouth after £10,000 award -
- Broken Lottery Promise Leads To Lawsuit -
- Unexpected $25M Mega Millions Jackpot Win -
- Lottery Results Roundup -