Two sisters from San Ramon in California have recently won a $6 million “Set For Life” international lotto scratch card prize. Though they won it together, they won’t be sharing the prize equally. Read further to find out why.
The sisters are Lisa Toton and Laura Poorman. They are both in their 40s and have agreed that whoever bought the actual winning ticket would receive 60% and the other 40%, due to the fact that they didn’t pool their money together to buy it and they are simply being devoted sisters by sharing the prize.
Lisa Toton sells items on Etsy and she bought her winning Set For Life scratchcard on the 5th of February after spotting a yellow ladybug in her car and taking it as a sign of good fortune. Lisa is married and has two children. Lisa’s mother had always said that seeing a yellow ladybug was a lucky sign, so she acted on it.
Lisa then stopped at a Fast & Easy Mart and bought some “Set For Life” scratch cards. She quickly scratched them off in her car and that’s when she saw the $6 million win staring right back at her. “I was like ‘Oh my God’, I am hyperventilating like I was like Kim Kardashian, ugly crying,’” joked Lisa.
She immediately got on the phone to her husband and sister. The other twin sister, Laura, works at a consulting firm so she couldn’t reply because she was in a meeting at the time she got the call. Lisa then texted her with the message: “Jackpot scratcher. Come home.” That definitely seemed to work wonders because her sister stood up from her meeting and told her co-workers that something had just come up.
The family went out together to celebrate. They went to chow down on some delicious burgers. The twins have been playing the lottery since they were 18 after their mother had managed to win $12,000. It looks like luck runs in this family! They accepted their prize as an annuity over the next 25 years. They will both receive monthly payments of $20,000.
Neither of them is quitting their jobs. Lisa said, “It’s life altering without being life altering at the same time.” This is the latest big win to have happened in their area. Lisa wants to buy a holiday house, but her priority is to buy new socks for everyone! They never have to dig for matching pairs ever again!
Play the lotto online with us and you could change your fortune this very same week.
Bio for LuckyLottos
LuckyLottos.com, recently launched is exclusively the preferred online international lottery ticket portal which leaves you spoiled for choice. All of the most popular and major international lotteries are a mere click away, all in a secure and stable environment – enabling you to legitimately compete for massive lottery jackpots from the comfort of your own home.
Latest posts by Sally Eaves (See All)
- The wonderful legacy of playing the lottery -
- Relaxation Leads To $50,000 Crossword Prize -
- ‘Surreal’ $12.3 Million Lotto Win -
- Newfound Luck For Unlucky Pensioner -
- $1m Lottery Prize As Birthday Present -
- Huge EuroMillions Win Online -
- More Pride In Portsmouth after £10,000 award -
- Broken Lottery Promise Leads To Lawsuit -
- Unexpected $25M Mega Millions Jackpot Win -
- Lottery Results Roundup -